Girls Into Physics Summer School
A free three-day, non-residential programme available to budding physicists in Year 10.
2022 DATE TO BE CONFIRMED
This three-day summer school will give 30 girls in Year 10 the chance to experience life as a university student, meet female academics carrying out internationally renowned research and identify and take steps to overcome internal and external barriers to pursuing further education in physics.
The summer school programme includes the opportunity to:
- Experience taking part in university style lectures and practicals in both the lab and our state of the art observatory
- Speak to current female students about their experience of university so far, their journey to get here and their next steps
- Participate in workshops run by external speakers on the breadth of careers physics can open the door to
- Talk to fellow female students about barriers they may have faced as a girl in science and empower each other to overcome these hurdles
- Must be able to travel to our campus in East London each day - this programme is not residential
- Must identify as female
- Must be completing Year 10 or equivalent
- Has an enthusiasm for studying physics
- Should be considering studying physics at A-level
How to apply
Click here to download the Girls into Physics Poster [PDF 85KB] to display in your school and the Girls into Physics Flyer [PDF 85KB] to give to any students who you feel in particular would benefit from this opportunity.