About the Blog -- and how to get involved!
Calling all QMUL Comparative Literature and Culture UG and PG students!
Are you thinking of a career in journalism or marketing? Would you like a public platform for your own writing? Do you want to expand your range of writing styles or add transferable skills to your CV? Would you like to be involved more with the department as a community? Or do you simply have lots of opinions and want to share them?
If the answer to any of those questions is yes (or even maybe!), we invite you to join the inaugural Comparative Literature Blog team!
If you’re interested in having a platform for your writing and building your portfolio with a range of writing styles to boost your CV, we want to hear from you!
- Involvement can be accredited on HEAR transcripts: please ask for details.
- There is scope to be involved to different extents depending on your schedules and time commitments.
- No prior experience is necessary: we'll form subteams of students with different levels of prior experience to maximise learning and mentoring opportunities and ensure continuity between years.
We’re looking for pieces in different writing styles (journalistic, academic, personal, creative…) and covering a range of topics including but not limited to:
- Creative writing (poetry; prose; visual)
- Personal reflections
- Reviews (books, film, TV, virtual theatre and concerts)
- Student experience and lifestyle
- Ideas for and reports on out-of-term opportunities (internships, global volunteering, etc)
- Years Abroad and Global Opportunities
- Mentoring and peer support opportunities (e.g. PEER, the Student Consultancy Project, PASS mentoring)
We would also welcome committee members who will volunteer their time to ensure the smooth running of the blog. This can include building experience in editing, proofreading, project management, teamwork, leadership, graphic design, social media, publicity, marketing, and more!