Literature | Centre for Anglo-German Cultural Relations
Convenors: Dr James Vigus (Professor Astrid Köhler is on research leave)
The Literature Section of the CAGCR facilitates lectures, seminars and workshops concerning the contacts between the English and German literary traditions in the widest sense.
This includes for instance:
- the reception of English literature in Germany and vice versa
- the mutual influence of English and German writers and movements on each other
- the biographical experiences of writers in the respective ‘other’ country and their literary reflections
- questions of literary translation
- Anglo-German literary projects
For events organised by the Literature Section, please see the Centre's archive of events, and the current events page.