Writer in Residence | Centre for Anglo-German Cultural Relations
We are pleased to announce the writers in residence 2016/17:
Ulf Stolterfoht 26.09. - 04.12.16 Profile
Barbara Honigmann 16.01. - 26.03.17
The Writer-in-Residence Programme showcases recent developments in contemporary German, Austrian and Swiss literature and was established in 2005 as part of the activities of the Centre for Anglo-German Cultural Relations.
The Centre for Anglo-German Cultural Relations hosts writers whose work is representative of critically acclaimed contemporary literature in German and enables our visiting authors to reside at the College for short periods (approximately 10 weeks). This initiative was co-founded by the Deutscher Literaturfonds and enjoys the generous support of Queen Mary College, University of London.
Broadening the focus of the CAGCR on contemporary literature in German, the Writer-in-Residence Programme offers students the unique possibility of familiarising themselves with new trends in the literary scene of the German speaking world and of closely working together with our visiting writers, thus profiting from their experience and expertise (e.g. in Creative Writing Workshops specifically tailored to the students’ needs. Please see our Diary of Events).
Aims of our Writer-in-Residence programme are:
- to invigorate the profile of contemporary writers working in a German, Austrian, Swiss context
- to promote diversity, reflecting the broad range of cultural concepts in the German speaking world
- to trace the current trends and developments in literature and enter into an intercultural discourse
- to combine academic and creative approaches to literature in German
- to establish synergies with cultural institutions such as Deutscher Literaturfonds, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the Goethe-Institut and the German Embassy
Current and former writer(s) in residence
For detailed information about the Writers in Residence at the CAGCR, please click here.
For forthcoming talks please check our Diary of Events.
For more information pertaining to the purpose and profile of the Writer-in-Residence Programme, please contact:
Dr Martin Rebhan, co-ordinator of the Writer-in-Residence Programme.