Special Issue: "Pandemic Politics and European Union responses"
Sarah Wolff, main investigator of the NEXTEUK project, and Stella Ladi, member of the NEXTEUK steering committee, have coordinated a Journal of European Integration Special Issue on "Pandemic Politics and European Union responses". They introduce in this video the goals of this Special Issue and the main results, and are followed by the presentation of their article by some of the scholars having contributed to this collective research.
The whole Special Issue is accessible on https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/geui20/42/8?nav=tocList
Table of contents:
- "European Union Responses to the Covid-19 Pandemic: adaptability in times of Permanent Emergency" by Sarah Wolff & Stella Ladi
- "EU economic governance and Covid-19: policy learning and windows of opportunity" by Stella Ladi & Dr Dimitris Tsarouhas
- "The development of EU health policy and the Covid-19 pandemic: trends and implications" by Eleanor Brooks & Robert Geyer
- "Sizing up the competition: explaining reform of European Union competition policy in the Covid-19 era" by Sophie Meunier & Justinas Mickus
- "The Covid-19 crisis: a critical juncture for EU climate policy development?" by Claire Dupont, Sebastian Oberthür & Ingmar von Homeyer
- "Discursive continuity and change in the time of Covid-19: the case of EU cybersecurity policy" by Helena Carrapico & Benjamin Farrand
- "Framing immobility: Schengen governance in times of pandemics" by Sarah Wolff, Ariadna Ripoll Servent & Agathe Piquet
- "Loyal at once? The EU’s global health awakening in the Covid-19 pandemic" by Louise van Schaik, Knud Erik Jørgensen & Remco van de Pas
- "Integration through (case) law in the context of the Euro area and Covid-19 crises: courts and monetary answers to crises" by Sabine Saurugger & Fabien Terpan
- "Theorizing institutional change and governance in European responses to the Covid-19 pandemic" by Vivien A. Schmidt