Sir William Blair
Professor of Financial Law and Ethics
Room Number: Lincoln's Inn Fields
Sir William Blair is Professor of Financial Law and Ethics at the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS), Queen Mary University of London (QMUL). He is a High Court Judge in England and Wales, and before appointment to the bench practised as a Queen’s Counsel specialising in the law of domestic and international banking and finance.
He is also General Editor Journal of Banking Regulation; Member, editorial board of Capital Markets Law Journal; Member of the editorial advisory board of Journal of International Banking Law and Regulation; Foreign contributing editor, Banking & Finance Law Review (Canada).
- Forthcoming: Research Handbook on Ethics in Banking and Finance, co-ed with Costanza Russo and Rosa Lastra to be published by Edward Elgar Publishing.
- General editor Bullen & Leake & Jacob's Precedents of Pleadings, 17th edn, (Sweet & Maxwell 2013) [New edition forthcoming]
- Remedies—Injunctive Relief, chapter 12 of International Financial Disputes, Arbitration and Mediation, Oxford University Press, 2015
- Is there a role for culture and ethics in financial regulation?, chapter 9 of Functional or dysfunctional – the law as a cure? Risks and liability in the financial markets. Stockholm Centre for Commercial Law, publication number 22, 2014, p.173
- Odious debt, chapter 17 of Sovereign Debt Management, ed Rosa Lastra and Lee Buchheit, Oxford University Press, 2014
- Awrey, Blair, and Kershaw, Between Law and Markets: Is there a role for culture and ethics in financial regulation?, 38 DEL. J. CORP. L, 191 (2013)
- Board of Appeal of the European Supervisory Authorities (2013) 24 European Business Law Review, Issue 2, pp. 165–171.