LLM/PG Diploma Year Planner September 2021-22
This example year planner outlines the structure and key periods of assessment for September entry LLM programmes.
Please note: information on this page is subject to change.
Enrolment and Induction - 17 September - 1 October 2021
- College enrolment will normally take place between 17 - 19 September 2021. Information on enrolment procedures and confirmed dates will be sent to you by Academic Registry.
- Induction events will be held over a two-week period from Monday 20 September until Friday 1 October 2021.
- A draft programme of induction events will be available on a special Induction section of the website later in the summer. At the end of the Induction period you will need to select your modules. The induction programme is designed to assist you with this process. Some induction events may require advance booking so please do check regularly.
Teaching period A21: 4 October - 17 December 2021 (11 weeks)
- 4 October - 5 November 2021: Start of your first teaching period. During this period you will be attending lectures and tutorials arranged over 2 blocks of 5 weeks of teaching. We will be offering these in a blended learning experience with online and face-to-face components.
- 8-12 November: Study week
- Late November/early December: In late November/early December, you will have to submit a provisional title and outline of your dissertation if compulsory (or chosen as an elective), in the area of your study programme programme.
- 15 November - 17 December: Second block of teaching. Modules will use different assessment methods, which will be made clear during the module selection process and is also noted on the module descriptions on this website. So depending on modules selected the assessment dates below may apply.
- 18 December - 5 January 2022 This period includes seasonal holidays and college closure dates. You will likely want to use this time to consolidate and develop the work you have done in your first teaching period.
- 21 January 2022: Coursework/essays for the first teaching period will be due for submission on this date.
- 6-21 January 2022: Online Examinations for modules in the first teaching period.
Teaching period B21: 24 January - 8 April 2022 (11 weeks)*
- 24-25 February 2022: Start of second period of teaching. You will be attending applicable modules and working with your allocated supervisor on your dissertation if this forms part of your programme.
- 28 February - 4 March 2022: Study week (will vary for Economics)
- 7 March - 8 April 2022: Second block of teaching.
- 11 April - 5 May 2022: Study time. You will want to use this time to consolidate and develop the work you have done in your second teaching period.
- 13 May 2022: Coursework/essays for this teaching period will be due on this date.
- 5 May - 1 June 2022: Online examinations for modules in the second teaching period.
Students on LLM Law and Economics and MSC Law and Finance should note that the Economics teaching schedule finishes one week later for this semester.
Teaching period C21 : 6 June - 8 July 2022 (5 weeks)
- 6 June 2022: Start of your third teaching period. You will be attending your applicable modules and continue working with your allocated supervisor on your dissertation (if applicable).
- 11 July - 19 August 2022: Dissertation writing up and completion period.
- 1-12 August 2022: This is the late summer resit period for students who need to retake an exam from the first and second teaching period.
- 1 - 12 August 2022: Online examinations for modules in the third teaching period.
- 30 August 2022: You will need to submit your dissertation if compulsory on your programme or if chosen as an elective. Any coursework/essays due for the third period will also be due on this date.
- 30 August 2022: The date for resubmission of essays from the first or second teaching period
- December 2022 TBC: Graduation ceremonies. Many PG Taught students return to Queen Mary University of London for a graduation ceremony to celebrate their achievement with family and friends. Students who have not successfully completed their degree will need to complete any remaining resits/submissions at the next available date. This will be detailed in full in your Student Handbook.
- Resit/Resubmissions (if required)
- 5 January - 20 January 2023: This is the resit period for students who need to retake an exam from the third teaching period.
- 14 January 2023: The date for resubmission of essays from the third teaching period