Copyright Easement: Beyond the Common Law and Civil Law Traditions
Summary of Research
Qian’s thesis aims to evaluate the necessity and feasibility of introducing a right of users in international copyright law analogous to an easement (i.e., a copyright easement).
Qian Liu has been majoring in Intellectual Property Law since 2013. He obtained a Bachelor of Laws degree from Southwest University of Political Science and Law, Master of Laws degrees with Distinction from Beijing Foreign Studies University and Queen Mary University of London. He also studied Property Law at University of Kaohsiung. Qian worked as a Research Assistant in academic institutions in both the UK and China, and served as a Visiting Fellow at the British Institute of International and Comparative Law.
- ‘The Copyright Boundary of Fan Works Using the Virtual Characters from the Original Works’ (With Lixian Cong)  4 ECUPL Journal 175
- ‘Intellectual Property Protection of Video Game Rules’  1 China Entertainment Law Review 100
Book Chapters in
- Comments on Frontier Copyright Cases (2018-2019) (People's Publishing House, 2019)
- Annual Report on the Development of Beijing's Copyright (2018-2019) (Social Sciences Academic Press, 2019)
- Comments on Frontier Copyright Cases (2017-2018) (People's Publishing House, 2018)
- Annual Report on the Development of Beijing's Copyright (2017-2018) (Social Sciences Academic Press, 2018)