Dr Nikos Gkranias, DDS, MClinDent, Cert.Perio(EFP), FHEA, PhD.
Senior Clinical Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Periodontology
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7882 5135Room Number: COCR, Institute of Dentistry
Dr Nikolaos Gkranias qualified in Dentistry from Athens University. In 2003, following his military service as a dentist in the Greek Army, he was accepted as a postgraduate at UCL Eastman Dental Institute’s 3 year MClinDent Course in Periodontology. He graduated in 2006 and he was awarded with “Distinction” a MClinDent in Periodontology as well as a European Federation in Periodontology (EFP) Certificate in Periodontology. In 2014 he was awarded a PhD in Clinical Periodontology under the theme of “Associations of Periodontitis and Diabetes Mellitus”.
During the period 2009-2016 he was a Clinical Lecturer and Speciality Dentist in Periodontology Unit, at UCL Eastman Dental Institute and Eastman Dental Hospital. In June 2016, he was appointed Senior Clinical Lecturer & Honorary Consultant in Periodontology in the newly found Centre for Oral Clinical Research (COCR), Barts & The London School of Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London.
- Wound healing following regenerative procedures in furcation degree III defects: histomorphometric outcomes. Gkranias ND, Graziani F, Sculean A, Donos N. Clin Oral Investig. 2012 Feb;16(1):239-49.
- Association between short leukocyte telomere length, endotoxemia, and severe periodontitis in people with diabetes: a cross-sectional survey. Masi S, Gkranias N, Li K, Salpea KD, Parkar M, Orlandi M, Suvan JE, Eng HL, Taddei S, Patel K, Darbar U, Donos N, Deanfield JE, Hurel S, Humphries SE, D'Aiuto F. Diabetes Care. 2014 Apr;37(4):1140-7
- Effects of periodontal treatment on endothelium, systemic inflammation and mitochondrial function M. Orlandi, S. Masi, D. Bhowruth, M. Parkar, I. Kingston, S. Hurel, N. Gkranias, J. Suvan, N. Donos, J. Deanfield, F. D’Aiuto J Clin Periodontol 2015; 42 (Suppl. 17): 6
- Plasma adiponectin levels in diabetics with and without periodontal problems N. Gkranias, R. Garcia Sanchez, F. D’Aiuto, J.E. Suvan, S. Hurel, S. Humphries, N. Donos J Clin Periodontol 2015; 42 (Suppl. 17): 8
- Periodontitis Prevalence in a Diabetes Mellitus (Type I and Type II) population: a cross-sectional study. N. Gkranias, F. D’Aiuto, H.L. Eng, S. Hurel, N. Donos J Clin Periodontol 2012; 39 (Suppl. 13): 40–220
- Cytokines in genetic susceptibility to periodontal disease in people with diabetes: a candidate gene approach N. Gkranias, F. D’Aiuto, S. E. Humphries, S. Hurel and N. Donos J Clin Periodontol 2009; 36 (Suppl. 9): 40–220
- Periodontal wound healing following regenerative procedures in furcation degree III defects: histomorhpometric outcomes N. Gkranias, F. Graziani, A.Sculean and N. Donos J Clin Periodontol 2006; 39 (Suppl. 7): 67
- Prevalence and treatment of necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis (NUG) in the British Armed Forces: a case-control study. Dufty J, Gkranias N, Petrie A, McCormick R, Elmer T, Donos N. Clin Oral Investig. 2016 Nov 9. [Epub ahead of print]