Dr Evisa Mitrou
Lecturer in Accounting
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 6745Room Number: Room 2.32, Francis Bancroft Building, Mile End Campus
- Lecturer in Accounting
- Member of the Department of Accounting and Financial Management
Evisa is a Lecturer in Accounting at the School of Business and Management at Queen Mary University of London. Evisa holds a BA in Economics and an MSc in Applied Economics and Finance with distinction from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, an MSc in Finance and Investment Management with distinction from the University of Hertfordshire and a PhD in Accounting from the University of Exeter.
Evisa’s research areas broadly defined are in financial accounting and reporting, accounting standard setting, disclosures, capital market-based research and corporate governance and responsibility. In particular, her research interests focus on pension accounting and corporate governance. Her research aims to enhance our understanding on the role of accounting regulation and disclosure in improving the effectiveness of capital markets and to provide information to accounting practitioners and regulators about these issues.
- BUS238: International Financial Accounting
- BUSM105: Dissertation for Accounting and Management
- BUSM113: Corporate Reporting
- BUSM184: Dissertation for MSc Accounting and Finance
Evisa has more than 10 years of teaching experience on a variety of subjects, degree levels, and academic institutions. As a teacher, she strongly supports student-focused learning in which the lecturer supports and guides students to an independent academic development and learning.
She is a fellow of the HE Academy.
Evisa’s research interests are in the areas of financial accounting and reporting, accounting standard setting, disclosures, capital market-based research and corporate governance and responsibility.
Centre and Group Membership:
- Member of the Accounting & Accountability Research Group (AARG)
- Horton, J., Kiosse, P., Koumenta, M., Mitrou, E. (2020) The role of CEOs in the sustainability of defined benefit pension plans, Human Resource Management Journal (ABS 4), Available here (early view): http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/1748-8583.12329
Current Doctoral Students:
Evisa is a member of the European Accounting Association – Accounting Research Center (EAA – ARC) Committee.