Dr Didem Gundogdu
Lecturer in Accounting; Programme Director for BSc Accounting and Finance
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +44 (0)20 7882 2325Room Number: Room 4.05, Francis Bancroft Building, Mile End CampusOffice Hours: Wednesdays 11.00am - 1.00pm
- Programme Director for BSc Accounting and Finance
- Member of the Department of Accounting and Financial Management
Dr Didem Gundogdu is a Lecturer in Accounting at Queen Mary, University of London. Didem holds a PhD in Accounting, together with an MSc in Accounting and Finance from the University of Exeter. Before joining the School of Business and Management, she widely taught in the area of Financial Accounting and Reporting and acted as the programme director for an accredited undergraduate course in Accounting and Finance. She also delivered intensive courses at China Jiliang University and Nanchang University in China.
- BUS224: International Corporate Reporting
- BUS261: Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- BUSM060: Corporate Governance
Didem’s interests broadly lie in empirical capital markets-based accounting research and financial reporting. In particular, she focuses on the role non-financial forms of capital play in firm valuation. Didem also has a special interest in corporate governance and is very keen to explore board dynamics with a view to understand how firms derive value from well-connected directors and the wealth of talent inherent in boards. Some of the areas Didem is interested in include:
- Social network theory and analysis,
- Non-financial forms of capital (human, social and symbolic capital),
- Board of directors and corporate governance,
- Current issues in financial reporting.
Didem is committed to enhancing the student experience and is a fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Didem has delivered intensive courses at China Jiliang University and Nanchang University in China.
Centre and Group Membership:
- Affiliate Member of the Accounting & Accountability Research Group (AARG)
- Gundogdu, D., Stringfellow, L. and McMeeking, K. The market value of social capital:A longitudinal study of board connectivity. Working paper.
- Gundogdu, D., McMeeking, K., and Stringfellow, L. The demand for social and human capital: The case of UK directors. Working Paper.
- Gundogdu, D. Accounting for intangibles: A critical review of the role of financial reporting in firm valuation. Working paper.