Katie Myers Smith
Centre for Environmental and Preventive Medicine
Email: email@example.com Telephone: Tel: +44 (0) 20 7882 8245
Katie is a chartered Health Psychologist with a track record in health behaviour change related to smoking cessation and weight management.
Since 2005 she has worked in the Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry.
Katie has been involved in the development and management of the research projects undertaken at the Tobacco Dependence Research and Treatment Unit.
- Provision of Tobacco Control Health Inequalities Pilot Programme
- Peer-Support weight management programme to supplement brief advice in general practice for obese adults from deprived communities<
- Ramdomised trial of nicotine patch preloading for smoking cessation
- Nicotine Content & Consistency of its delivery
- E-Cigarette - Potential toxins and nicotine delivery in users
- Smoking Cessation Service
- Evaluation of Fresh Start Programme (Obesity)
- Tailoring varenicline to individual needs (TVIN study)
- Combination of NRT and varenicline to increase cessation of tobacco
- Smoking Cessation Service 2013 - 2014
- Complementing current pharmacological treatments for smokers with sensory replacement
- E-Cigarette & Nicotine Inhalator on tobacco withdraval symptons
- Stopping Smoking Shortly Before Surgery and Postoperative Complications.
- Use of varenicline for 4 weeks before quitting smoking: decrease in ad lib smoking and increase in smoking cessation rates.
- Rapid review of interventions to prevent relapse in pregnant ex - smokers Report to National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence
- Is a combination of varenicline and nicotine patch more effective in helping smokers quit than varenicline alone? A randomised controlled trial