SMD is committed to an environment that supports the highest standards of research integrity (RI).
- Professor Jonathan Grigg is SMD’s Deputy Dean for RI. He has a long standing interest in RI e.g. BMJ https://adc.bmj.com/content/90/3/229.long
- Professor Grigg advises SMD on emerging RI themes from sources such as Retraction Watch https://retractionwatch.com, the Committee on Publication Ethics https://publicationethics.org, the World Conference in Research Integrity https://wcrif.org, and the UK RI Office https://ukrio.org
Developing an open research environment
- We support an environment where auditing other researchers data is regarded as a normal part of the research process.
Sharing and management of research data, and reproducibility
- We are developing the capacity of researchers to deposit their raw data at time of publication on our publicly-accessible institutional publications repository (https://qmro.qmul.ac.uk/xmlui/).
- The issue of reproducibility will be considered by the SMD Research Deanery over the next year.
Ensuring that our research is conducted within the appropriate ethical, legal and professional frameworks
- SMD is committed to the principals of the UUK Concordat to Support RI https://www.ukri.org/funding/information-for-award-holders/data-policy/
- QMUL’s Vice-Principal (Research and Innovation) has overall responsibility for RI and is responsible for our Annual Report on RI https://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/qmul/research/principles-strategy/policies/Annual-Report-on-Research-Integrity-2019.pdf
- Allegations of misconduct are investigated according to standard protocols
- Senior staff members of SMD are always available to discuss RI concerns https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/about/whoswho/
- You can contact Professor Jonathan Grigg via email email@example.com