SMD is committed to an environment that supports the highest standards of research integrity (RI).
- Professor Jonathan Grigg is SMD’s Deputy Dean for RI. He has a long standing interest in RI e.g. BMJ https://adc.bmj.com/content/90/3/229.long
- Professor Grigg advises SMD on emerging RI themes from sources such as Retraction Watch https://retractionwatch.com, the Committee on Publication Ethics https://publicationethics.org, the World Conference in Research Integrity https://wcrif.org, and the UK RI Office https://ukrio.org
Developing an open research environment
- We support an environment where auditing other researchers data is regarded as a normal part of the research process.
Sharing and management of research data, and reproducibility
- We are developing the capacity of researchers to deposit their raw data at time of publication on our publicly-accessible institutional publications repository (https://qmro.qmul.ac.uk/xmlui/).
- The issue of reproducibility will be considered by the SMD Research Deanery over the next year.
Ensuring that our research is conducted within the appropriate ethical, legal and professional frameworks
- SMD is committed to the principals of the UUK Concordat to Support RI https://www.ukri.org/funding/information-for-award-holders/data-policy/
- QMUL’s Vice-Principal (Research and Innovation) has overall responsibility for RI and is responsible for our Annual Report on RI https://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/qmul/research/principles-strategy/policies/Annual-Report-on-Research-Integrity-2019.pdf
- Allegations of misconduct are investigated according to standard protocols
- Senior staff members of SMD are always available to discuss RI concerns https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/about/whoswho/
- You can contact Professor Jonathan Grigg via email email@example.com
Research Integrity: eCPD training app
Webinar: Update on Research Integrity Data
The webinar by Prof Jonathan Grigg, available to view here, covers presentation of data, the Hong Kong principles for assessing researchers, the UK Research Integrity Office, and how to deposit raw data underlying published papers using QM Elements.