Job Market Placement 2019-2020
The School of Economics and Finance would like to congratulate its 2020 PhD students for their recent success in the job market and offer the very best wishes for their professional future.
"Placement of our students in leading academic institutions, research centres and private institutions is a top priority for Queen Mary. We are very proud of this year’s cohort of students. They exemplify great commitment and passion in their studies and are well qualified for competitive placement", said Placement Directors Dr. Andrea Tesei and Dr. Alessandra Bonfiglioli.
The 11 Phd Candidates on the market have all been offered competitive placement at the following institutions:
- Jayeeta Bhattacharya: Assistant Professor at the University of Southampton
- Fabio Calonaci: Pricing Manager at Natwest Group
- Federica De Pace: Economist at the OECD
- Kostis Ghionnis: FX Option Quant Trader at UBS
- Soledad Giardili: Assistant Professor at the University of Edinburgh
- Kazuhiro Hiraki: Financial economist at the Bank of Japan
- Lorenzo Neri: Assistant Professor at the University of St. Andrews
- Edoardo Palombo: Economist at Deloitte
- Elisabetta Pasini: Economist at Alma Economics
- Germano Ruisi: Economist at the Central Bank of Malta
- Alessio Volpicella: Assistant Professor at the University of Surrey