Professor B S Chong, BDS, MSc., PhD (Lond), LDS RCS (Eng), FDS RCS (Eng), FDS RCS (Edin), MFGDP (UK), MRD, FHEA
Professor of Restorative Dentistry, Honorary Clinical Consultant, Barts Health NHS Trust
Email: email@example.comTelephone: +44 (0) 20 7882 8147Room Number: Office 11, Floor 4, Institute of Dentistry
Professor Chong's professional career combines clinical practice with teaching, scholarship and research. He is a General Dental Council (UK) registered Specialist in Endodontics and, since 1990, also in specialist private practice limited to endodontics in central London. He was previously associated with Guy's, now part of King's College London, for over 22 years, where he was involved with the education and training of dentists and future specialists.
Professor Chong qualified from University College London and was in general dental practice before pursuing specialist training. He was awarded his MSc. in Endodontics (with distinction) followed by his PhD from Guy's Hospital. Research studies on endodontic surgery by Professor Chong and his co-workers were recognised as forming part of the body of evidence and relevant literature on the subject.
Professor Chong is the Editor and a contributing author of two editions of Harty’s Endodontics in Clinical Practice, author of Managing Endodontic Failure in Practice, a contributing author of Principles of Endodontics and President of the British Endodontic Society (2017-18). He is the Editor-in-Chief (UK) of ENDO – Endodontic Practice Today, an international endodontic journal for general dental practitioners including specialists in endodontics and the official publication of the Belgian Association for Endodontology & Traumatology and the French Society of Endodontics. He is also on the Editorial Board of the International Endodontic Journal, the official publication of the British Endodontic Society, Danish Endodontic Society, European Society of Endodontology, Flemish Society of Endodontology, Irish Endodontic Society and Lebanese Society of Endodontology.
Centre: Oral Bioengineering
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Teaching including:
- MSc. (Endodontic Practice)
- MSc. (Oral Biology)
- DClinDent (Paediatric Dentistry)
- DClinDent (Periodontology)
- Various Continuing Postgraduate Education Courses
- Root canal medicaments.
- Endodontic microbiology.
- Endodontic treatment outcome.
- Management of endodontic failures.
- Root-end filling materials.
- Post-surgical tissue reaction/healing response.
- Digital aids and devices in clinical endodontic practice.
- Mohamed Khazin S, Abdullah D, Liew AKC, Harun NA, Abdullah N, Chong BS (2019) IgE mediated hypersensitivity to Chlorhexidine among first-year dental students. Allergo Journal International 28, 204-208.
- Billis G, Chong BS (2019) The influence of root-end filling material on the outcome of the apical surgery. ENDO (Lond Engl), 13, 9-19.
- Chong BS, Dhesi M, Makdissi J (2019) Computer-aided dynamic navigation: a novel method for guided endodontics. Quintessence International, 50, 196-202.
- Nagendrababu V, Chong BS, McCabe P, Shah PK, Pulikkotil SJ, Priya E, Jayaraman J, Dummer PMH (2019) Guidelines for reporting the quality of clinical case reports in Endodontics: a development protocol. International Endodontic Journal 52, 775-778.
- Wong L, Liew AKC, Abdullah D, Chong BS (2019) The scope and pattern of practice in the delivery of endodontic treatment in Malaysia: A survey study. Archives of Orofacial Sciences, 14, 1-11.