Dr Nikos Mardas, Dipl DS, MS, PhD, Specialist in Periodontics
Clinical Reader in Periodontology, Undergraduate Periodontology Lead
Email: email@example.com Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7882 2608Room Number: Office 11, Floor 4, Institute of Dentistry
Dr Nikos Mardas qualified in Dentistry from Athens University in 1992. He completed his 3-year specialist training and MS degree in Periodontology in 1997 at the Royal Dental College, University of Aarhus, Denmark. He was awarded a PhD degree in 2005 from the same University.
His main research interests are in the area of periodontal, bone and gingival tissue regeneration and wound healing, utilising various biomaterials. He has also a special interest on the outcome of the above mentioned treatment principles in specific systemic conditions like osteoporosis. In the last 10 years, he has been actively involved in several research projects, including in vitro biomaterial testing and development, preclinical - animal experimental projects and randomised clinical trials, evaluating the effectiveness of new regenerative materials for bone and periodontal regeneration, as well as dental implant related treatment protocols.
- Donos N, Horvath A, Calciolari E, Mardas N. Immediate provisionalization of bone level implants with a hydrophilic surface. A five-year follow-up of a randomized controlled clinical trial. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2018 Dec 25. doi: 10.1111/clr.13400. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30584682. (P, C, A, E)
- Jung RE, Al-Nawas B, Araujo M, Avila-Ortiz G, Barter S, Brodala N, Chappuis V,Chen B, De Souza A, Almeida RF, Fickl S, Finelle G, Ganeles J, Gholami H,Hammerle C, Jensen S, Jokstad A, Katsuyama H, Kleinheinz J, Kunavisarut C, Mardas, N, Monje A, Papaspyridakos P, Payer M, Schiegnitz E, Smeets R, Stefanini M, Ten Bruggenkate C, Vazouras K, Weber HP, Weingart D, Windisch P. Group 1 ITI Consensus Report: The influence of implant length and design and medications onlinical and patient-reported outcomes. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2018 Oct;29 Suppl 16: 69-77.doi: 10.1111/clr.13342. PubMed PMID: 30328189. (E)
- Dereka X, Calciolari E, Donos N, Mardas N. Osseointegration in osteoporotic-like condition: A systematic review of preclinical studies. J Periodontal Res. 2018 Dec;53(6):933-940. doi: 10.1111/jre.12566. Epub 2018 May 30. Review. PubMed PMID: 29845622. (P, A, E)
- Calciolari E, Ravanetti F, Strange A, Mardas N, Bozec L, Cacchioli A, Kostomitsopoulos N, Donos N. Degradation pattern of a porcine collagen membrane in an in vivo model of guided bone regeneration. J Periodontal Res. 2018 Jun;53(3):430-439. doi: 10.1111/jre.12530. Epub 2018 Feb 15. PubMed PMID: 29446096. (P, C, A, E)
- Graziani F, Karapetsa D, Mardas N, Leow N, Donos N. Surgical treatment of the residual periodontal pocket. Periodontol 2000. 2018 Feb;76(1):150-163. doi:10.1111/prd.12156. Epub 2017 Nov 29. Review. PubMed PMID: 29193404. (A, E)