Get involved: volunteer as alumni!
- Are you able to provide student mentoring or internships to current students at Queen Mary?
- Can you share your knowledge with our students by speaking to them at careers events about your experience at and beyond Queen Mary?
- Would you be willing to support our recruitment activities by talking to prospective students in the UK or in your home country?
There are many ways for you to get involved in the life and work of Queen Mary and join fellow alumni in giving something back to your alma mater - please check our below. You, our alumni, are our finest ambassadors, and we are very grateful for the time you give us!
Why should you volunteer?
What our alumni say:
I remember being a confused undergraduate myself, not knowing if I should go on to further study or enter the world of work, so I was excited when I was asked to speak to current students at the SBCS Careers Forum event. The feedback from staff and students was incredibly rewarding - there is no doubt that I would volunteer to speak at a careers event again, and I encourage anyone with relevant experience to do the same!
Jade Lam (BSc Biology with Psychology, 2012)
Below are some examples of the different activities and opportunities you can participate in as alumni volunteer. You can make a real difference through giving up a little bit of your time, so if you would like to join Jade, Josh, Salman and Shelley, or if you would like further information about these opportunities, please email us at email@example.com.
- Mentor our current students (QMentoring)
- Offer an internship/work placement (e.g. QConsult)
- Speak at careers events
- Submit a profile for promotional materials
- Become an
- Host an event at your company/work place
- Guest-lecture at Queen Mary
- Become a country co-ordinator of an
- Assisting at recruitment fairs/open days for prospective students
- Manage one of our alumni sub-groups on LinkedIn
- Contribute to our
- Committee/Council member