Barts and The London Dental Club
Formerly known as The London Hospital Dental Club (LHDC), this alumni chapter is dedicated to the interests of former students and staff of The London Hospital Dental School or Institute of Dentistry, as it is now known. The LHDC was initiated in 1953 with the first AGM held on 20th February 1954 when the first Chairman (later changed to be called President) was elected. See a list of former Past Presidents of The London Hospital Dental Club / Barts and The London Dental Club [DOC 28KB].
The Club hosts an Annual Clinical Meeting (ACM) in early Spring, which offers alumni the opportunity to extend their professional development, as well as to meet up with colleagues and former classmates. Each year an annually elected President organises and hosts a programme of talks on topical issues in dentistry by leading practitioners at the ACM.
Members of The London Hospital Dental Club receive the Barts and The London Dental Club Newsletter. The BLDC e-Newsletter provides details about the forthcoming Annual Clinical Meeting programme; news from the Institute of Dentistry; and information about how gifts from members to the Barts and The London Alumni Association Benevolent Fund, the Malcolm Jenkins and John Richards Travelling Scholarship Fund and the Queen Mary University of London Foundation are supporting current students.
Highlights from The London Hospital Dental Club Annual Clinical Meeting 2020
View the photos from the Annual Clinical Meeting held in February 2020.