Dr Richard Saldanha is a Teaching Fellow at QMUL and is an expert in statistical machine learning, data science and quantitative finance. He teaches Machine Learning with Applications in Finance (ECOM135), an elective module available as part of the postgraduate degrees offered by SEF. Richard also teaches a non-assessed course in R, a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics, and his preferred software for ECOM135.
Richard is currently Managing Director of Oxquant involved primarily in advisory work in finance and other knowledge-based industries. He has worked in quantitative finance for over 20 years and has held senior roles in both asset management and investment banking at major institutions in the City of London in the areas of risk management, trading and investments.
Richard holds a DPhil in Statistics from the University of Oxford. He is a fellow of the Royal Statistical Society, a Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET) and a member of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics.
- Oct 2019 Towards an artificial general intelligence. LinkedIn.
- Jun 2019 So you want to be a data scientist in finance? eFinancialCareers.
- May 2019 The routes to the best machine learning jobs in banking. eFinancialCareers.
- April 2020 Co-author of The AI Book: The Artificial Intelligence Handbook for Investors, Entrepreneurs and FinTech Visionaries. Wiley.
- Dec 2019 Creatures of the FCA sandbox. Fintech Circle.