Our Widening Participation Travel Bursary aims to bring students who have specific characteristics, typically under-represented in higher education, on to campus. The bursary aims to help students make informed choices about their future by exploring the options available to them.
The bursary will cover reasonable travel costs on public transport for qualifying individuals.
To be eligible for the Widening Participation Travel Bursary, you must:
- Attend a non-selective state school in the UK
- Have achieved, or be predicted to achieve, the required GCSE grades (a minimum of 5A* - C or 4 – 9 grades, with a C/4 in English and Maths)
- Be on target to achieve a minimum of BBB at A-level, or equivalent
In addition to the above, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have lived, or are currently living, in local authority care
- Are a young carer
- Are estranged from your family/living independently/living with friends
- Participating in an eligible acess programme (Realising Opportunities, Pathways to Law, Bridge the Gap, Access to Queen Mary)
Please note that we reserve the right to close applications early due to high responses, as the fund is limited. Eligible students will be reimbursed by completing an expenses form which will be approved following your attendance at the event.
How to apply*
*Please note, the bursary is currently in the process of being updated, please check back for updates.
If you have been invited to attend an Offer Holder Day and have already registered, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Ensure you have registered for your Offer Holder Day. If you are eligible to attend then you will have received an email inviting you to register.
Step 2: Complete the online application form
Step 3: Check your email for next steps. You will receive a confirmation within 7 working days.