Our research strategy is designed to produce a sustainable research environment in which individuals and groups of scholars produce innovative, profound and ambitious research.
We have four aims:
- To maximise the School’s research power through reinforcement and expansion across chronological periods and historical approaches through
- increased research funding
- the recruitment and fostering of doctoral, postdoctoral and early career researchers
- To extend the School’s research (and teaching) into African, Asian and American history.
- To consolidate and expand collaborative research links, in the UK and abroad, both within History and other disciplines.
- To increase research impact both within and beyond the academic world, through public history and various forms of public engagement.