DERI PhD forum
Q: What is the mission of this PhD forum?
A: The forum’s mission is to organize events and talks (mainly virtual) that are mostly offered by PhD students, for a PhD student audience.
Q: What is the main subject of this PhD forum?
A: We mainly focus on data science which contributes to a wide variety of disciplines including, but not limited to, computer science, mathematics, social sciences, physics, medicine and biological sciences.
Q: Why should I join the PhD forum?
A: In our point of view, PhD students should not only learn how to write papers and do proper research, but also should be able to share and discuss their ideas with people. The DERI PhD forum will provide:
- Ideas to write and questions worth answering
- Introductions of state-of-the-art research
- A cosy environment to present your research or practice your talk
- A great place for students with different background to meet, socialize and collaborate.
Q: How should I join the PhD forum?
A: If you want to find out more:
- We have a Slack Workspace where things are advertised and people can interact.
- Subscribe to our mailing list and we will keep you up-to-date on any future events.
If you are interested in giving a talk:
- Feel free to contact one of the organizers to discuss the delivery of a talk.
- We are still looking for organizers. Feel free to contact one of the current organizers to join us!
- Feel free to tell us your opinions through the Slack workspace or through email directly.
If you have new ideas or suggestions about how this forum should be organized then please do get in touch.
DERI PhD Forum Organisers