Queen Mary's normal hours of operation are 9am-6pm. These are the times in which students should expect teaching, learning and assessment activities to be timetabled. Activities for some programmes may take place outside of these times; students should contact their academic schools or institutes for further information.
- Masters students are expected to work on their dissertation/project throughout the summer – for these students, this period between the end of Semester 3 and their course end date is not a vacation. Exceptionally, a student's dissertation/project supervisor may authorise a short (up to four weeks) vacation period during this period. Students with Tier 4 immigration permission will need to provide employers with an official letter from the Academic Registry confirming the dates of this vacation. Guidance for supervisors and instructions for requesting letters on behalf of supervisees [QMUL staff only].
- PhD students do not follow this pattern of attendance – vacations should be agreed in writing with their supervisor(s).
- International Foundation Programme students (January start) do not follow this pattern of attendance – visit the School of Languages, Linguistics and Film for more information.
- Pre-Masters Graduate Diploma students (January start) do not follow this pattern of attendance – visit the School of Languages, Linguistics and Film for more information.
- The MBBS and BDS do not follow this pattern of attendance - visit http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/london/calendar for more information.