Skip to main content
Advice and Counselling Service

Queen Mary support

Queen Mary offers other services that you may need to contact for support with your wellbeing or studies.  

Two people chatting on a bench outdoors with trees in background

Academic Advice Service

The Academic Advice Serviceis based within the Students’ Union and offers confidential advice and representation on a range of academic issues, including extenuating circumstances applications and appeals. 

Academic Skills

Based within Library Services, the Academic Skills team offers a range of support to help you develop your study skills including one- to- one tutorials, workshops and online resources. 

Academic support in your school or institute

If you are having difficulties with your studies or are worried about your academic progress, contact the Student Support Officer in your School or Institute for further support.  

Disability and Dyslexia Service

The Disability and Dyslexia Service provides a wide range of confidential advice and support for students with a disability, including mental health conditions or specific learning difficulties. 

Careers and Enterprise

The Careers and Enterprise Service provides advice and support on a range of issues including concerns around having chosen the right course and/or dilemmas about what you want to do after university. You can also talk to them about finding part- time work, an internship or work experience.  

Faith at Queen Mary

Faith at Queen Mary provides support and facilities for students with a faith, as well as those with none. St Benet's Chaplaincy is a Christian chapel and meeting place on the Mile End campus. Their chaplains support students in any way they can, as well as engaging with spiritual aspects of university life. The chaplaincy runs various events to offer students a social and contemplative place to be at Queen Mary. 

Report and Support

If you or someone else have experienced bullying and harassment, hate incidents or gender-based violence, you can report it to Queen Mary via the Report and Support scheme. You can also access support information about specialist external services. 

Residential support

The Residences teams offer support to students living in Queen Mary accommodation with any issues that come up while living in halls.  

Student Health Service

There is an NHS Student Health Service available on the Mile End campus for Queen Mary students living in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets (postcodes E1, E2, E3 and E14). 

If you live outside these postcodes, you can find your nearest GP practice through the NHS website using their Find A GP search tool.

Study Support

If you're struggling with the academic aspect of your studies, please speak to your academic adviser / personal tutor or mentor in the first instance. Other useful services include: 

Academic Skills - offers one to one tutorials, tailor made small group tutorials, exam and revision support, one to one tutorials with published authors and more 

Disability and Dyslexia Service - If you have a specific learning difficulty such as Dyslexia or a long-term health condition or disability 

Peer Assisted Study Support (PASS) - subject specific advice and support from more senior students in your academic school / institute 

Back to top