Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 20 7882 5108Room Number: GC414Office Hours: Monday: 11am - 12pm and Thursday: 12pm - 1pm
Dr Manolis (Emmanouil) Noikokyris is a Reader in Economics and Finance Education at the School of Economics and Finance, Queen Mary University of London. He also holds the position of Senior Tutor for the School’s undergraduate degree programmes. He has previously held academic positions at Kingston University London and the University of Essex.
His research interests lie primarily in the fields of monetary policy, macro-finance and international finance. He currently works on a variety of topics including the financial market implications of monetary policy; the determinants of firm investment; and the impact of financial constraints on firm behaviour.
He received his Ph.D. in Finance from the University of Essex. He also holds an M.Sc. in Accounting and Finance from the University of Essex, and a B.Sc. in Accounting and Finance from the University of Macedonia.
- Yfanti, S, Chortareas, G, Karanasos, M., Noikokyris, E. (2020) A three‐dimensional asymmetric power HEAVY model. International Journal of Finance and Economics (forthcoming).
- Anagnostopoulos, I., Noikokyris, E., Giannopoulos, G. (2020) A meta-crisis banking efficiency study in the MENA region. Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research, 11(9), 2087-2112.
- Chortareas, G., Noikokyris, E., Rakeeb, F. (2020) Investment, firm-specific uncertainty, and market power in South Africa. Economic Modelling (forthcoming)
- Chortareas, G., Noikokyris, E. (2020). Investment and labor income shares. Economic Change and Restructuring (forthcoming)
- Chortareas, G., Karanasos, M., Noikokyris, E. (2019) QE and the UK stock market: Does the Bank of England information dissemination strategy matter? Economic Inquiry 57, 569-583.
- Ibrahim, S., Noikokyris, E., Fabiano, G., Favato, G. (2019) Manipulation of profits in Italian publicly-funded healthcare trusts. Public Money & Management 39, 428-435.
- Chortareas, G., Noikokyris, E. (2017). Federal Reserve’s policy, global equity markets, and the local monetary policy stance. Journal of Banking and Finance 77, 317-327.
- Favato, G., Easton, T. Vecchiato, R., Noikokyris, E. (2017) Ecological validity of cost-effectiveness models of universal HPV vaccination: a systematic literature review. Vaccine 35, 2622-2632.
- Favato, G., Noikokyris, E., Vecchiato, R. (2017) Ecological validity of cost-effectiveness models of universal HPV vaccination: A protocol for a systematic review. Systematic Reviews, 6:17.
- Chortareas, G., Noikokyris, E. (2014) Monetary policy and stock returns under the MPC and inflation targeting. International Review of Financial Analysis 31, 109-116.
- Chortareas, G., Noikokyris, E. (2014) Oil shocks, stock market prices, and the U.S. dividend yield decomposition. International Review of Economics and Finance 29, 639-649.