Student Support Officer
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 3335Room Number: Room 1.03, Fogg Building
As Student Support Officer, Shaheda is a key member of the School's Professional Services Team, responsible for providing expert pastoral care and support to all Undergraduate students within the School of Biological and Chemical Sciences as well being the link between students, the School and Central University Support Services.
- Offer advice/guidance/pastoral support on matters which may be impeding a student’s ability to study
- Point of contact for Central College Support Services (Advice and Counselling (A&C), Disability and Dyslexia Service (DDS), to facilitate the required student support arrangements between the School and the Support Services.
- Point of contact for all Undergraduate students and signpost students to relevant support services and mechanisms
- Help students get the most out of life as a student and fulfil their full potential
- Manage the School’s extenuating circumstances policy (circumstances that are outside a student’s control which may have a negative impact on a student’s ability)
- Manage and monitor the School’s engagement policy and offer support mechanisms to get students re-engaged with their programme of study
- Point of contact for all staff to provide advice/guidance on academic regulations and student support matters
- Secretary to the Student Staff Liaison Committee (SSLC)