An inquest last week found that ten people shot dead in an army operation in Belfast in 1971 were all innocent and that the use of force against them was unjustified. Families received a letter from the Prime Minister last Thursday just before Brandon Lewis, the Northern Ireland secretary, said the government was truly sorry. Tim Bale, Politics Professor at Queen Mary said Johnson’s letter to the families was not addressed to them individually. It was addressed “to the families of” followed by a list of those who died.
This was covered in The Times