Skip to main content
Advice and Counselling Service

Studying elsewhere whilst not in attendance

If you want to study elsewhere for a period of time and return to your current course,  check with your School whether you can take time out of your current course and how long you can interrupt your study. 

Student Finance England Funding 

Student Finance England will not fund another course while you are still registered for your current course.  So, you will need to secure alternative funding for a course elsewhere.  

There is an exception for MBBS students who intercalate for a year.  We have information about intercalating in our undergraduate funding information for medical and dental students.

International Students in the UK with Student Immigration Permission

Our guidance about Visa and fee implications to change in your programme has information about factors to consider.   There is also information for MBBS students who intercalate for a year.  


Back to top