Queen Mary climbs up the rankings to confirm place among the world’s best universities
Queen Mary University of London has climbed twelve places up the QS World University Rankings to confirm its position as one of the world’s top universities. The University places 114th in the world and remains in the top 20 in the UK in the 2021 Rankings, published on Wednesday 10 June.
Queen Mary’s success as a global university is further recognised in some of the specific metrics that inform the overall ranking, with the University 48th in the world for International Students and 68th for International Faculty.
The success in this year’s QS rankings follows the launch in 2019 of Queen Mary’s Strategy 2030, which sets out plans to achieve the ambition of being the most inclusive university of its kind anywhere. Strategy 2030 outlines Queen Mary’s vision to grow its global impact through new international partnerships and increasing its community of transnational students.
The Complete University Guide
The success in the QS World Rankings builds on Queen Mary’s strong placing in the Complete University Guide for 2021, which was released on Tuesday 9 June. The University climbed 6 places on the previous year’s position to rank as 35th in the UK.
The 2021 Guide also recognises Queen Mary’s excellence in a number of specific subject areas:
- Dentistry moves up 5 places to 3rd in the UK while Medicine is ranked 6th in the UK and 1st in London
- Pharmacology and Pharmacy at Queen Mary has jumped 20 places since the 2020 table to rank 12th in the UK and 2nd in London
- In the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Accounting and Finance jumps eight places to rank 19th in the UK out of 103 institutions offering the subject and 2nd in London.
- Drama, Dance and Cinematics has improved four places to rank 23rd in the UK out of 102 institutions offering the subject and 3rd in London.
- In the Faculty of Science and Engineering, the University features for the first time in the General Engineering subject table as it places in the top ten in the UK and 2nd in London.
Recognition of success
Professor Colin Bailey, President and Principal at Queen Mary University of London, said:
“I am very proud that Queen Mary’s growing success has been recognised by this rise up two respected league tables. As an institution with a firm commitment to inclusion it is particularly gratifying to see that the international nature of our student body and faculty has been recognised.”
“Queen Mary’s strong placings for so many subjects are clear indications of our commitment to world class education and research across a wide range of subjects. The success is testament to the hard work of staff in every part of our community.”
The league tables can be found in full, along with the methodology and more information at www.TheCompleteUniversityGuide.co.uk.
Further information on the QS World University Rankings can be found at https://www.topuniversities.com/.
For media information, contact:Press Office