Dr Christophe Clesse, Ph.D, Msc, Bsc
Research Fellow (INTREPID Study)
I am a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, who currently work on the link between inflammation, depression and chronic kidney disease (INTREPID Study) in the Centre for Psychiatry and Mental Health.
Before taking up this position, I studied psychology at an undergraduate and postgraduate level in France. I worked as a clinical psychologist in a national psychiatric hospital and a dispensary for general population for 8 years. During this period, I also completed a PhD in clinical psychology (Psychological Impact of Episiotomy) at the University of Lorraine.
The research I am conducting today aims at exploring and isolating the role and prevalence of inflammation and depression in chronic kidney disease patients. To do that, I conduct analysis performed on big dataset such as UKbiobank cohort study and on clinical populations directly recruited from East London hospital units.
With my background, I appreciate creating connections between fields of psychology and disciplines, in order to promote better places allowing people to be themselves in a good psychological health.
My main research interests and expertise are related to Psychological Medicine and psychosomatic studies, determinants of recovery for psychiatric inpatients, psychosexuality and psychodynamic studies.
- Clesse, C., Cottenet, J., Lighezzolo-Alnot, J., Goueslard, K., Scheffler, M., Sagot, P., & Quantin, C. (2020). Episiotomy practices in France: epidemiology and risk factors in non-operative vaginal deliveries. Scientific reports, 10(1), 1-11.
- Clesse, C., Salime, S., Dumand, I., Concetta-Ciciarelli, S. B., Lavenir, S., Kacemi, K., ... & Batt, M. (2020). The French Integrative Psychosocial Rehabilitation Assessment for Complex Situations (FIPRACS): Modelization of an Adapted Assessment Method Toward Long-Term Psychiatric Inpatients With Disabling, Severe and Persistent Mental Illness. Frontiers in psychiatry, 917.
- Clesse, C., Lighezzolo-Alnot, J., De Lavergne, S., Hamlin, S., & Scheffler, M. (2018). Statistical trends of episiotomy around the world: Comparative systematic review of changing practices. Health care for women international, 39(6), 644-662.
- Salime, S., Clesse, C., & Batt, M. (2021). Health professional’s social representation about ederly subject with mental health disorders: a pilot study on 790 health professionals. Aging & Mental Health, 25(2), 350-359.
- Goueslard, K., Cottenet, J., Roussot, A., Clesse, C., Sagot, P., & Quantin, C. (2018). How did episiotomy rates change from 2007 to 2014? Population-based study in France. BMC pregnancy and childbirth, 18(1), 1-10.