Dr Oleg Blyuss
I am Reader in Data Science and Statistics at the Centre for Prevention, Detection and Diagnosis. My research is around development of predictive models that use multi-omic data for the early detection of cancer. Current grants aim at the analysis of longitudinal data arising from serum biomarkers and MRI images, which allows for a personalised approach in early detection. I hold a PhD in Applied Mathematics from Oles Honchar Dnipro National University, Ukraine.
1. S. Sushentsev, L. Rundo, O. Blyuss, T. Nazarenko, A. Suvorov, V.J. Gnanapragasam, E. Sala, T. Barrett, Comparative performance of MRI-derived PRECISE scores and delta-radiomics models for the prediction of prostate cancer progression in patients on active surveillance. European Radiology doi.org/10.17863/CAM.71337 (2021).
2. O. Blyuss, A. Zaikin, V. Cherepanova, D. Munblit, E.M. Kiseleva, O.M. Prytomanova, S.W. Duffy, T. Crnogorac-Jurcevic, Development of PancRISK, a urine biomarker-based risk score for stratified screening of pancreatic cancer patients. British Journal of Cancer doi:10.1038/s41416-019-0694-0 (2020).
3. H. Whitwell, J. Worthington, O. Blyuss, A. Gentry-Maharaj, A. Ryan, R. Gunu, J. Kalsi, U. Menon, I. Jacobs, A. Zaikin, J. Timms, Improved Early Detection of Ovarian Cancer Using Longitudinal Multimarker Models. British Journal of Cancer https://doi.org/10.1038/s41416-019-0718-9 (2020).
4. O. Blyuss, M. Burnell, A. Ryan, A. Gentry-Maharaj, I. Marino, J. Kalsi, R. Manchanda, J.F. Timms, M. Parmar, S. Skates, I. Jacobs, A. Zaikin, U. Menon, Comparison of longitudinal algorithms as first line tests for ovarian cancer screening: a nested cohort study within UK Collaborative Trial of Ovarian Cancer Screening (UKCTOCS), Clinical Cancer Research doi:10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-18-0208, (2018).
5. H. Whitwell, O. Blyuss, U. Menon, J.F. Timms, A. Zaikin, Parenclitic networks for predicting ovarian cancer. Oncotarget 9(32), (2018).