Clearing top tips
In order for you to have a smooth experience applying through Clearing read our top tips that will help you prepare for the day.
1. Plan ahead and be prepared.
Do your research. Make a list of courses you are interested in by looking at our course finder where you will find more information about the content and structure.
2. Be positive and keep an open mind.
If you are really interested in a particular course that is no longer available, there may be similar alternative options available. Contact us to discuss your options.
3. Make a note of your UCAS Personal ID number and your results before you call us.
4. Have someone with you for support and keep a clear head.
Make sure you don’t rush your decision. Check out our guide to Clearing.
5. Speak to current students online.
And take a virtual tour or attend our virtual open day.
6. Contact us with any questions you may have.
Please get in touch about any queries or issues you may have.
Clearing allows you to take your place at Queen Mary and study for an undergraduate course if:
- Your exam results are not what you expected
- You already know your exam results and are looking for new opportunities
- You have no offers from other universities
- You are applying to university for the first time this year