Clearing runs from 16 August (A-level results day)
Get in touch as soon as you receive your results. Places at Queen Mary are limited and Clearing offers are made on a first-come-first-served basis. The hotline number will be published here on results morning.
Watch our short Guide to Clearing.
1. Finding the right course
During the Clearing period, courses with places are displayed on the UCAS website and on our website.
Look at our programmes in course finder for full information about content and structure. Do some research about the university, too. Take a look around our website to learn about life at Queen Mary and our home in London. If you haven't had a chance to visit Queen Mary yet, you can book a Campus Tour.
You can also chat to our current students online.
2. How to apply
To apply, you must speak to a member of our Admissions team. Our Clearing hotline number will be published on our website from early August.
Have the following information to hand when you call:
- your UCAS personal ID (if you have one)
- details of your qualifications, including qualification type, subjects studied and grades achieved
- the name of the course you are interested in
- your UCAS history (whether you have applied to university before and whether you have received offers from other universities)
- your fee status (whether you are a home, EU or overseas student)
- your contact telephone number and email address.
We'll tell you on the phone whether your application has been successful. You'll receive an email confirming the offer in writing.
3. Accepting your place
To accept an offer from us, you must make this course your Clearing choice on UCAS Track within the deadline contained in your email. If you miss the deadline, your offer will expire and your place may be offered to another applicant.
Only follow these steps if you are sure you want to accept the offer.
- Go to the ‘Your choices’ section of UCAS Track and click 'Add Clearing choice’, then enter the details of the course.
- The email confirming your offer will contain the course code.
- Our UCAS Institutional code is Q50.
- Our Admissions team then need to verify the information you told us over the phone. This usually takes 1-2 working days, so please be patient.
- Once we have verified your details, your offer will show as accepted on UCAS Track and you'll receive a confirmation email.