My research examines how languages and dialects vary, and what that variation can tell us about cognitive and social systems. This includes the study of sociolinguistics, style variation, migration, bilingualism, new varieties of English, syntax, and typology.
- Language in the UK
- Multilingualism and Bilingualism
- History of English
- Research Methods in Linguistics
- English/Linguistics Research Project
- Sociolinguistic Theory (MA)
- Research Methods in Sociolinguistics (MA)
New varieties of English
Migration and diaspora
Browse a list of publications by Prof Devyani Sharma.