Adam J. Chong, PhD (UCLA)
Lecturer in Linguistics
Email: email@example.comTelephone: +44 (0) 20 7882 6638Room Number: ArtsOne 1.13Website: http://www.adamjchong.com/Office Hours: For LIN4208 Foundations of Language: Monday 3-4pm, Thursday 11-12pm, or by appt. For LIN042 UG Dissertation: Tuesday 3-4pm, or by appt. All meetings are on Zoom (see QM+).
My research investigates how listeners acquire and process the phonetic and phonological patterns in their first language, and what this tells us about grammatical architecture. I also work on intonation, particularly on Singapore English intonation.
- Foundations of Language
- Phonetics I: Sounds of English
- Phonology I: Introduction to Phonology
- Phonology II: Explaining Phonological Structures
- Research Methods in Linguistics
- English/Linguistics Research Project
- Introduction to Phonology
- Theoretical & experimental phonology, and phonetics
- phonological acquisition and processing
- phonological variation
- phonology-morphology interface
- prosody and intonational phonology
- speech perception
- Singapore English
Browse a list of publications by Dr Adam Chong.