My research investigates how listeners acquire and process the phonetic and phonological patterns in their first language, and what this tells us about grammatical architecture. I also work on intonation, particularly on Singapore English intonation.
- Foundations of Language
- Phonetics I: Sounds of English
- Phonology I: Introduction to Phonology
- Phonology II: Explaining Phonological Structures
- Research Methods in Linguistics
- English/Linguistics Research Project
- Introduction to Phonology
- Theoretical & experimental phonology, and phonetics
- phonological acquisition and processing
- phonological variation
- phonology-morphology interface
- prosody and intonational phonology
- speech perception
- Singapore English
Browse a list of publications by Dr Adam Chong.