- Foundations of Language (UG)
- Languages of the World (UG)
- Explaining Grammatical Structure (UG)
- Linguistic Typology and Grammatical Theory (UG)
- Constructing a Language (UG)
- Syntax (PG)
- Morpheme to Meaning (PG)
- Syntactic Theory, especially Generative Grammar
- Interfaces in Syntax, especially with morphology and semantics
- The structure of endangered and lesser used languages
- Sociosyntax (how the use of syntactic structures varies because of social factors)
Browse a publication list by Dr David Adger.
I’m interesting in bringing linguistics more into general public discussion. I’ve written a popular Science book on linguistics (Language Unlimited, 2019, OUP), and have been working with primary and secondary school teachers on a project using the idea of constructed languages (like Tolkien’s Elvish languages, or Dothraki from Game of Thrones) to improve how school students learn linguistic ideas. There are a number of online talks, podcasts and magazine articles on my personal webpage on this.