Recent and upcoming panels, symposia, workshops, invited talks and plenaries | Summer 2017
QMUL Linguistics staff have been invited to give talks and panels at a range of national and international conferences and workshops this summer.
- Invited speaker at the Variation and Universals in Language workshop: “Three types of Universals; Three types of Variation” (Crecchio. 9-11 June 2017). For the recorded live stream, click here.
- Forum lecture at the Linguistics Society of America summer institute: “Three Sources of Syntactic Variation: Evidence from the Scots Syntactic Atlas” (Kentucky, 11 July 2017)
- Invited speaker at the Prior Structure in Language Acquisition: A Consensus Workshop (Hosted by NTNU Trondheim, 31 August-1 September 2017)
- Invited plenary speaker at the 15th International Pragmatics Conference (Belfast, 16-21 July 2017)
- Invited symposium with Tommaso Milani at AILA (International Association of Applied Linguistics): “Queer linguistics: Innovations and challenges to Applied Linguistics” (Rio de Janeiro, 23-28 July 2017)
- Invited speaker at the 27 Colloquium on Generative Grammar: “[±Atomic]” (University of Alcalá, Madrid, 17-19 May 2017)
- Invited talk at the Subordinate Clauses in Generative Linguistics workshop: “On the temporal properties of infinitives” (UCL, 24 May 2017)
- Invited talk at The Lexicon of Subjectivity workshop: “Predicates of Personal Taste and the De Se: Similarities and Differences" (University of the Basque Country, 13th June 2017)
- Invited plenary speaker at UKLVC11 (Cardiff University, 29-31 August 2017)
- Invited plenary at vP, a postgraduate workshop: “Un/Re-packing argument and event structure restrictions on affixation: MEG evidence from Greek and English” (University of Cambridge, 19th June 2017)
- Invited talks at SyntaxLab (University of Cambridge, 13 June 2017), ComSyn Meetings (Leiden University Centre for Linguistics (LUCL), 15 June 2017), and Leibniz-Zentrum Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft (22 June 2017): "Unselected Embedded wh-Questions: Extensions”