About the award
Level: Masters, PhD
Course: Faculty of Science and Engineering - PhD or Masters study in any subject. Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities - PhD or Masters study in any subject. School of Medicine and Dentistry - Please see relevant sections below for further information.
Value: CONACyT funded students will receive a tuition fee contribution and a stipend towards living costs from CONACyT.
No. of awards: Variable
Deadline: Variable - please see CONACyT website below for further information.
CONACyT (Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología) offers scholarships to Mexican students wishing to study postgraduate programmes in a broad range of subject areas. As a proud partner of CONACyT, Queen Mary University London welcomes a diverse cohort of Masters and PhD students every year. Please visit their website for further details: https://conacyt.mx/convocatorias/convocatorias-becas-al-extranjero/
Additionally, scholarship opportunities are also available through the jointly funded CONACyT-FUNED and CONACyT- FIDERH schemes.
We are pleased to offer Mexican Master's students, who are successful in receiving CONACyT funding, an additional Queen Mary Scholarship to meet the CONACyT maximum contribution.
For students studying courses in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and the Faculty of Science and Engineering, any master’s programme is eligible. For those pursuing a Master’s Degree in the School of Medicine and Dentistry, the following Institutes are able to offer scholarships in selected programmes:
- Blizard Institute- MSc Regenerative Medicine
- Institute of Health Sciences Education- All Masters Programmes
- Wolfson Institute of Medicine- MSc Psychological Therapies, MSc Cultural and Global Perspectives in Mental Healthcare and MSc Creative Arts and Mental Health.
*The William Harvey Research Institute will be able to accept only 1 Masters Scholar (for any programme) per academic year.
We are pleased to offer Mexican PhD students, who are successful in receiving CONACyT funding, an additional Queen Mary Scholarship to meet the CONACyT maximum contribution.
Queen Mary welcomes PhD applications to all schools within the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
For applicants interested in pursuing their PhD studies within the School of Medicine and Dentistry, the following institutes are able to offer scholarships
- Blizard Institute
- Institute of Health Sciences Education
- Wolfson Institute of Medicine
*The William Harvey Research Institute will be able to accept only 1 PhD Scholar per academic year.
Upon applying for their PhD, applicants must inform their supervisor and department that they are applying for CONACyT funding.
Application Process and Further Information
Students must first apply to Queen Mary for admission to their chosen course, and receive an unconditional offer letter, before submitting a scholarship application to CONACyT.
- You can search for courses using our course finder and check our international entry requirements.
- Upon applying to Queen Mary, applicants should state that they are applying for CONACyT funding.
- Full details of Queen Mary’s and CONACyT scholarship programmes can be found through the CONACyT website and by contacting the email address listed below. There are multiple calls each year, please check the CONACyT webpages regularly for updates.
For more information about funding opportunities available at Queen Mary for Mexican applicants, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.