From charities and cultural organisations to employers and national institutes, there are many routes to attract funding for your project. QMUL's Doctoral College offers ongoing support to our students throughout their studies to make sure they take advantage of any funding opportunities.
We can help with:
- information about how to approach grant-making bodies
- finding teaching and demonstrating work in our academic schools
- supporting your search for temporary work at QMUL through our internal recruitment agency QTemps
- small grants to support research activities.
- Read more about the support offered by our Doctoral College
Charities and cultural organisations
QMUL has many PhD students who are funded by a variety of research charities and cultural organisations. For example, Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) awards have connected our students with the V&A, the National Maritime Museum and the Ragged School Museum – all here in London. We also have PhD students funded by health bodies including the Wellcome Trust, National Institutes of Health, Cancer Research UK, the British Heart Foundation, Diabetes UK and Saving faces.
Alternative Guide to Postgraduate Funding
You can explore the Alternative Guide to Postgraduate Funding, a guide that explains how to find and apply for alternative sources of funding – especially charities – which make awards to current and postgraduate students.