What is GrowthMonitor?
GrowthMonitor is an exciting new smartphone application which can accurately assess and monitor childhood growth. It has been developed by NHS paediatric health professionals because growth is a very important sign of a child's health and well-being.
- It plots your child's height on a growth chart so you can see where your child lies compared to other children of the same age and sex.
- It uses parent's heights to compare your child's height to their genetic or target height expectation.
- It will accurately monitor your child's growth over time by prompting you to take measurements every 6 months.
- Its technology detects normal and abnormal growth patterns, and it will let you know if your child is growing well or if something does not look quite right.
- It will send you alerts and advice.
- It can also calculate your child's body mass index (BMI) so you can see where your child’s weight lies compared to other children of the same age and sex.
- The information can be saved for your own records or shared with your Doctor.
Your privacy is important to us and no images are stored by the app (see our privacy notice).