Dr Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay
Professor of Development Economics
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 2699Room Number: Room 4.02b, Francis Bancroft Building, Mile End CampusWebsite: http://personal.lse.ac.uk/BANDYOPS/Office Hours: Tuesday 2.00pm - 3.00pm; Wednesday 2.00pm - 3.00pm
- Professor of Development Economics
- Member of the Department of Business Analytics and Applied Economics
Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay is Professor of Development Economics and the Deputy Director of the Centre for Globalisation Research. She specialises in the economics of growth and development, measurement of inequality and poverty and applied econometrics. She has held previous academic appointments at the University of Oxford, University of Birmingham and the London School of Economics. She holds a PhD from the London School of Economics. She has been a Visiting Professor/Visiting Fellow at the Toulouse School of Economics and Cornell University (2015).
She is currently the Editor of Research on Economic Inequality and Co-Editor for the Review of Development Economics, and is Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
- BUS330: Macroeconomic Modelling and Policy
Sanghamitra is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Economics of growth and development, measurement of inequality and poverty and applied econometrics
Centre and Group Membership:
- Deputy Director of the Centre for Globalisation Research (CGR)
- Member of the Centre for Research in Equality and Diversity (CRED)
Publications and working papers
Please find here a list of my publications and working papers.
Current Doctoral Students:
- Abdullah Ijaz, 'Exploring Links Between Multidimensional Development Indicators and Entrepreneurial Activity In Pakistan.'
- Zehua Jiang
- Mohammed Taif
PhD Supervision Completions:
(whilst at the School of Business and Management, QMUL)
- Beatriz Rodriguez-Satizabal, 'Financing firms in developing economies: from stand-alone to business groups. The case of Colombia, 1950-1980.' Awarded 2020. Currently Assistant Professor in Economics Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá and Universadad del Pacífico, Lima, Peru
- Sana Hussain, Awarded 2018. Now working for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Zunaira Aman, 'Export Competitiveness and External Openness in Emerging Markets: The role of institutional quality.' Awarded 2017 (placement at Bloomsbury Institute)
- Dennis De Widt, 'The intergovernmental dimension of local government financial stress : a European comparative analysis.' Awarded 2015. Currently Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance Cardiff Business School
Editor, Research on Economic Inequality
Co-Editor, Review of Development Economics
Associate Editor, Review of Income and Wealth
Associate Editor, Oxford Open Economics.
Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford
South Asia Centre, London School of Economics.
Sanghamitra has served as a consultant to the World Bank and the (past) UK government Department for International Development and has contributed to World Bank reports and a UK government White Paper. She has also contributed widely to UK media (The Economist, Financial Times, The Guardian, Channel 4 News and BBC World Service).