- Reader in Economics
- Member of the Department of Business Analytics and Applied Economics
Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay is Reader in Economics and the Deputy Director of the Centre for Globalisation Research. She specialises in the economics of growth and development, measurement of inequality and poverty and applied econometrics. She has held previous academic appointments at the University of Oxford, University of Birmingham and the London School of Economics. She holds a PhD from the London School of Economics. She has been a Visiting Professor/Visiting Fellow at the Toulouse School of Economics and Cornell University (2015).
- BUS330: Macroeconomic Modelling and Policy
Sanghamitra is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Centre and Group Membership:
- Deputy Director of the Centre for Globalisation Research (CGR)
- Member of the Centre for Research in Equality and Diversity (CRED)
Publications and working papers
Please find here a list of my publications and working papers.
Current Doctoral Students:
- Abdullah Ijaz, 'Exploring Links Between Multidimensional Development Indicators and Entrepreneurial Activity In Pakistan.'
PhD Supervision Completions:
(whilst at the School of Business and Management, QMUL)
- Beatriz Rodriguez-Satizabal, 'Financing firms in developing economies: from stand-alone to business groups. The case of Colombia, 1950-1980.' Awarded 2020. Currently Assistant Professor in Economics Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá and Universadad del Pacífico, Lima, Peru
- Sana Hussain, Awarded 2018. Now working for PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Dennis De Widt, 'The intergovernmental dimension of local government financial stress : a European comparative analysis.' Awarded 2015. Currently Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance Cardiff Business School