Emeritus Professor of Mathematical Physics
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 020 7882 6050Room Number: G O Jones 206
My research interests
Research Interests. My principal research interests are in the mathematical structures of Quantum Statistical Mechanics, Condensed Matter Physics, Superconductivity and Superfluidity, Relativistic Quantum Theory and the Quantum Theory of Measurement.
I have published two books and numerous research articles.
- Quantum Theory of Collective Phenomena, Oxford University Press, 1986; 2nd Edition (paperback) 1989, reprinted in 1991.
- Quantum Mechanics and it Emergent Macrosphysics, Princeton University Press, 2002.
Selected Relatively Recent Research Articles
- Macroscopic Quantum Electrodynamics of a Plasma Model: Derivation of the Vlasov Kinetics, Lett. Math. Phys. 40, 203, 1997
- Off-diagonal Long Range Order and Superconductive Electrodynamics, J. Math. Phys. 38, 2053, 1997
- New Structures in the Theory of the Laser Model II: Microscopic Dynamics and a Non-equilibrium Entropy Principle, J. Math. Phys. 39, 2730, 1998 (in collaboration with F. Bagarello)
- Nonequilibrium phase transitions, coherence and chaos, Banach Center Publications 43, 1998.
- Fiber bundles in quantum physics, J. Math. Phys. 43, 1323-39, 2002 (in collaboration with R. N. Sen)
- Quantum theory of irreversibility: open systems and continuum mechanics, Pp. 7-30 of Irreversible quantum dynamics , Lecture Notes in Physics, Vol.622, Ed. F. Benatti and R. Floreanini, Springer, 2003.
- Quantum macrostatistical picture of nonequilibrium steady States, Lett. Math. Phys. 68, 53-65, 2004.
- Quantum macrostatistical theory of nonequilibrium steady States, Rev. Math. Phys. 17, 977-1020, 2005.
- On the mathematical structure of quantum measurement theory, Rep. Math. Phys. 56, 271-290, 2005.
- Can the quantum measurement problem be resolved within the framework of Schroedinger dynamics?, Mark. Proc. Rel. Fields 13, 425, 2007
- Can the quantum measurement problem be resolved within the framework of Schroedinger dynamics and quantum probability?, Pp. 215-222 of "Quantum Theory: Reconsideration of Foundations", Ed. G. Adenier et al, AIP Conf. Proc. 2007
- On the question of temperature transformations under Lorentz and Galilei boosts, J. Phys. A 41, 382003, 2008
- On the mathematical theory of superfluidity, J. Phys. A 41, 05207, 2009 (in collaboration with W. Wreszinski)
- Statistical thermodynamics of moving bodies, Rep. Math. Phys. 64, 285, 2009
- Note on the relativistic thermodynamics of moving bodies, J. Phys. A 43, 45801, 2010
- Macrostatistics and fluctuating hydrodynamics, Rep. Math. Phys.70, 251, 2012.
- Local thermodynamic equilibrium at three levels, Rep. Math. Phys. 72, 389, 2013
- Model of antiferromagnetic superconductivity, Quantum Studies: Mathematics and Foundations Vol. 3, Pp. 65-78, 2016.