Dr Janelle Jones
Senior Lecturer in Social Psychology, Director of Graduate Studies
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 3439Room Number: Room: 2.22, Fogg Building
- Essential Skills for Psychologists (Tutorials) (PSY100)
- Social Psychology (PSY215)
- Positive Psychology (PSY129)
I am interested in how our social connections (e.g. friends, family, clubs, social categories), and related identities, influence the ways we see ourselves, shape our interactions with others, promote resilience, and impact our health and well-being.
Some of my recent research considers:
- How the salience of (multiple) groups might help to promote resilience in the face of different challenges;
- The strategies that people use to manage conflicting and/or stigmatising group memberships;
- And what it is about group loss under different circumstances (e.g. injury, leaving) that affects well-being.
Current PhD opportunity
Jones’ WELL Lab is currently working on a UKRI-AHRC COVID-19 rapid response project with Entelechy Arts to assess the practicalities and impacts of its distanced arts programmes.