Mr Chirag Pattni
Teaching Support Assistant
Email: email@example.comRoom Number: Arts One, Room 2.37Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 10am-12.30pm & 1.30-4.00pm
- To act as frontline support for the administration office, with the expectation of providing student support and guidance for routine concerns.
- To assist the Student Support Officer with administration related to student support. This will include extenuating circumstances applications, Disability and Dyslexia administration, Engagement Monitoring, the administration of programme change/withdrawals, and updating relevant documents, and records as required.
- Support the Timetabling Manager with the coordination and delivery of the teaching timetable.
- Assist the e-learning officer in coordinating QMPlus updates for modules, supporting the Module Convenors and teaching teams to deliver the modules.
- Allocate students to seminar groups under the guidance of the Timetabling Manager.
- Record student attendance using the university and School systems and escalating matters of concern to the Student Engagement Manager in accordance with the School’s Attendance Policy.
- Contact students causing concern for poor attendance or other reasons, in accord with requests from the Student Support Offiver.
- To provide reception support for the Teaching Support Team, handling queries relating to programmes and assessment and escalating to appropriate team members when required, and undertaking other relevant receptionist duties.
- To support the Teaching Services Team with annual and termly processes, including Module Registration; Examinations; Module Evaluations; Induction Week; QMPlus updates; feedback delivery; and updating contact lists. As part of this is to support the updating of university systems, including the student records system (MySIS); virtual learning environment (QMPlus); and website, as required.
- To carry out ad hoc QMplus duties including coursework (the recording and uploading of), updating extenuating circumstances outcomes, checking and recording project checkpoints. To provide updates to module information pages, and general information in regards to student support and other relevant areas.