This is the second year in a row that students at Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) have ranked their courses top in London among Russell Group universities for overall satisfaction.
10 August 2016
A number of subjects from all three Faculties maintained very high levels of student satisfaction from previous surveys to be ranked in the top three in London, for example:
• Physics, ranked first for three years in a row
• Medicine, ranked first for the last two years
• Dentistry, ranked first in 2016 and second in 2015
• Film, ranked first for the last two years
• History, joint second for the last two years
• Law, ranked third for the last two years
The results of the 2016 National Student Survey (NSS) place QMUL at fourth position in London*, with 84 per cent of our students reporting that they are satisfied with the quality of their course.
In addition, a number of our subject areas received 90 per cent or above for overall satisfaction:
• English Studies: 91 per cent overall satisfaction
• Drama: 96 per cent overall satisfaction
• Finance: 92 per cent overall satisfaction
• History: 94 per cent overall satisfaction
• Law: 91 per cent overall satisfaction
• Media Studies: 96 per cent overall satisfaction
• Zoology: 90 per cent overall satisfaction
• Dentistry: 95 per cent overall satisfaction
• Medicine: 94 per cent overall satisfaction
QMUL’s response rate for this year’s NSS was 70 per cent, a two percentage point improvement on the response achieved in 2015 and a continued increase in response rates on previous years.
The NSS questions final-year undergraduates on various aspects of their student experience, including their overall satisfaction.
*QMUL is the sixth university to appear in the London rankings, alongside UCL. The three institutions ahead of us are positioned in joint third.
For media information, contact:Rupert Marquand