The Times lists Barts and The London doctors among UK’s leading specialists
Five specialists at Barts and The London NHS Trust and Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry are named as being among Britain’s top doctors in a special issue of The Times.
Introduced by the newspaper's Dr Mark Porter, the A-Z of the UK's 'top docs' includes;
- Finbarr Cotter, Professor of Haematology at Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry's Institute of Cancer
- Dr Paul Telfer of Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry's Blizard Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, and of the Royal London Hospital
- Rodney Reznek, Professor of Diagnostic Imaging at Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry's Institute of Cancer
- Neil Barnes, Professor of Respiratory Medicine at Barts and The London and Head of Respiratory Illnesses at the London Chest Hospital and the Royal London Hospital
- Nicola Maffulli, Professor of Sports and Exercise Medicine at Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry's Institute of Health Sciences Education.
Dr Mark Porter said: "Over the past six months a team of Times researchers asked charities, specialists and professional bodies and associations to come up with a list of leaders in their particular field. Some names appeared on everyone's lists and it is these names that we have recommended … they are not just extraordinary doctors, but extraordinary people."
For media information, contact:Joel Winston
Faculty Communications Manager (Medicine and Dentistry)