2. Health and self-isolation

Where can I find official Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19)?

You can find the latest information and guidance on coronavirus from Public Health England at NHS.UK/coronavirus

Further advice and guidance from the government can be found at:​​​​​​​

What should I do if I think I may have the virus?

You can find the latest information and guidance on coronavirus from Public Health England at NHS.UK/coronavirus

When should I self-isolate?

You should follow the latest government guidance on self-isolation.

Public Health England has also published self-isolation advice for returning travellers.

If you are advised or otherwise take the decision to self-isolate, please contact (for students) or (for staff).

Staff self-isolating are also requested to state whether they been on campus in the last 7 days and if so, to please let us know where they were located/working.

I work/study in the School of Medicine and Dentistry - what advice is there for those who work/study in a healthcare setting?

Public Health England has published advice for healthcare workers which includes all students on MBBS, BDS and PA programmes in the UK.

For anyone else in the School of Medicine and Dentistry who does not work in a clinical setting, please follow the advice provided elsewhere on this page.

I’m concerned about my Tier 4 (T4) visa or immigration status.

On 24 March, the Home Office updated its visa guidance to provide greater certainty for international higher education students and staff in the UK currently unable to return home due to COVID-19. Read this guidance on the UK Government website.

Following this guidance, if you have concerns about your own immigration status in the UK, or that of a family member, please contact the Advice and Counselling Service for confidential advice using their contact form.

If you are a member of staff affected by the outbreak and you have concerns about your immigration status, please contact