We welcome students who are planning to spend one or more semesters at Queen Mary on an international exchange, as part of Queen Mary's Study Abroad Programme or an Erasmus exchange programme.
Hear from our Study Abroad students
The teaching semester dates for the 2019-20 academic year are as follows:
Semester 1: 16 September - 13 December 2018 (teaching starts 23 September 2019)
Semester 2: 20 January - 9 April 2020
Semester 3: 5 May - 29 May 2020
Find out semester dates for other years of study on the central QMUL pages.
- Students who are only spending Semester A at Queen Mary will sit their examinations in mid-December.
- Students who are spending the whole academic year at Queen Mary, or only spending Semester B at Queen Mary will sit their examinations in the main examination period which runs from 5 May - 29 May 2019.
Choosing your modules
Listed below are the modules we expect to be available to incoming study abroad students in the 2019/20 academic year. Modules are subject to availability and may change depending on staff and student needs.
The modules below are grouped according to academic level and subject area. If you select modules from within a single group (i.e. from a subject area and academic level) there should not be any timetable clashes.
You will receive your timetable shortly before you start with us. If you find you have clashes, you can make changes to your module registration during the first two weeks of the semester. Please be aware that restrictions also apply to the maximum number of student registrations on each module and once this has been reached, the module may be closed to further registrations.
Main/Major Modules (Levels 4-6)
The following modules at levels 4-6 are most suitable for those whose major is in subjects such as psychology, biological sciences, or chemistry. Level 4, 5, and 6 modules are taken by 1st, 2nd and 3rd year UK BSc students respectively.
Semester A modules
- Fundamentals of Organic Chemistry (CHE102A)
- Fundamentals of Inorganic Chemistry (CHE113)
- Fundamentals of Spectroscopy (CHE104)
- Structure and Reactivity in Organic Chemistry (CHE202A)
- Solid State and Inorganic Chemistry (CHE203A)
- Physical and Quantum Chemistry (CHE204A)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry (CHE206A)
Semester B modules
- Fundamentals of Organic Chemistry (CHE102B)
- Fundamentals of Physical Chemistry (CHE114)
- States of Matter and Analytical Chemistry (CHE108)
- Structure and Reactivity in Organic Chemistry (CHE202B)
- Solid State and Inorganic Chemistry (CHE203B)
- Physical and Quantum Chemistry (CHE204B)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry (CHE206B)