Dr Costis Papageorgakis
Royal Society University Research Fellow
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 020 7882 5806Room Number: G. O. Jones Building, Room 608
I am a Royal Society University Research Fellow at the Centre for Research in String Theory, School of Physics and Astronomy. My work has focussed on various aspects of supersymmetric gauge theories and their relation to String/M-theory.
I hold an undergraduate diploma from the University of Patras (Greece), an MSc from Durham University and a PhD from Queen Mary University of London. I have previously held postdoctoral positions at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (India), King's College London and Rutgers University (USA).
I teach the MSc/MSci course "Differential Geometry in Theoretical Physics" (DGTP) over the first semester of the 2019-2020 academic year.
I am a Fellow of Advance HE.
I am interested in the study of D-brane and M-brane dynamics, in string and M-theory respectively, as well as their associated supersymmetric gauge theories. In the past I have worked towards understanding multiple M2-branes in terms of superconformal Chern-Simons-matter theory in 3D.
My current research focusses on the low-energy description of multiple M5-branes through the superconformal (2,0) theory in 6D. This can be tackled via lower-dimensional theories: 5D super Yang-Mills as well as 4D circular quiver gauge theories, with the latter viewed in the context of dimensional deconstruction. A range of approaches and techniques can be employed for that purpose, including exact methods in the study of the full non-perturbative dynamics and revisiting the role of soliton contributions to perturbative amplitudes.
- STFC Consolidated Grant, Amplitudes, Strings and Duality, A Brandhuber (PI), DS Berman, M Buican, MB Green, R Monteiro, C Papageorgakis, S Ramgoolam, R Russo, W Spence, G Travaglini, D Vegh and C White 2020-2023 (£890,210)
- Royal Society Research Fellows Enhancement Awards 2018-2021 (£182,744)
- Royal Society University Research Fellowship Renewal 2018-2021 (£303,822.49)
- Royal Society Research Fellows Enhancement Awards 2017-2021 (£85,992)
- STFC Consolidated Grant, String Theory, Gauge Theory and Duality, A Brandhuber (PI), DS Berman, C Papageorgakis, S Ramgoolam, R Russo, M Shigemori, G Travaglini and C White 2017-2020 (£693,833)
- Royal Society University Research Fellowship 2013 - 2018 (£451,098)
A complete list of publications can be found at this link.
I currently supervise the following students:
- Hayling Joseph Aaron (PhD 2019)
- Andriolo Enrico (PhD Expected 2022)
- Kantor Gergely (PhD Expected 2022)
I am also interested in taking on new students for the following project (although I would be happy to discuss other project possibilities):
|Exact results in D≥4 Supersymmetric Field Theories|