Mile End Library ground floor refurbishment works begin, 31st May 2021
Library Services are pleased to announce the start of the ambitious Library Transformation Project at Mile End.
Improvements will include redesigned building entrance, improved study spaces, a new quiet study area, more loan laptops and new PCs, and refurbished toilets. Work on the project will commence on Monday 31 May and is expected to last until November 2021.
- The main entryway revolving door will be replaced. To reduce bottlenecks, the entrance opposite Ground Café will be reopened.
- Group study spaces will be redesigned to improve lighting and acoustics
- A quiet study area will be added with charging points throughout
- More loanable laptops and new PCs will be installed
- Toilets will be fully refurbished
How will it affect you?
All Library services will be available throughout the project.
There may be some construction noise at certain times of the day. We will endeavour to keep this to a minimum and will signpost other available study spaces upstairs in the building or elsewhere on campus. Students are still be able to book study spaces online and the system will be kept up to date to show what’s available.
The main entrance to the library will be impacted whilst the work takes place, however, you’ll be able to enter via the newly reopened entrance opposite Ground Café.
We will be temporarily closing some of the toilets on the ground floor to refurbish them. Other toilets are available on the ground floor or upstairs in the library.
How to keep up to date
- Check out the dedicated project page on the Library Services website (available shortly)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Image credit: (c) Purcell Architects
For media information, contact: